Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

October Joy

I cannot remember a happier time in my life. People are my inspiration and reason for living. What an empty world it would be without the saints and angels and colorful people that inhabit my reality and my imagination. They fill up all the space in my head not devoted to dithering.

Lemon Drops and Indian food at the Bombay Cricket Club with (OMG!!!!!!!) MARY ANN! You know! The stencil queen from LA. My first internet "date". Holy guacamole is she ever the coolest. We had a marvelous time sharing, laughing, cussing, eating and drinking. Now I can picture her better when I go to her blog and read about what she is doing with her hours and days. She is the champagne of human beings; bubbly, dizzifying, constantly in motion and generating new fun. I was charmed.

Oh, gosh, I love this picture of us together. I am lucky girl, happy girl, thinking about the awesomeness of Mary Ann. Love you, girlfriend!

As if that wasn't enough, there's more. Yesterday was somebody's birthday. I and a pack of other admirers gathered in the lounge of the Embassy Suites where Art & Soul is in full swing to celebrate another beautiful light-filled being. katie. Ah, katie. Happy Birthday, honored soul. Long may your days be; the world needs more just like you.

Mary Stanley came to add her love to the party.

Look what she gave to katie. A hand hooked pillow with a little person in the design that so resembles katie's spirit - light generating from her head and heart.

katie gave every person at the table a silk kimono. On HER birthday. Oh, my. Here is miss ham-i-am modelling hers. Too much.

Carla and Michael. Yup. They got kimonos too.

Lisa and Shari. Most of these teachers had put in a day of work and yet had the energy to celebrate. And some of them will be teaching again in the morning. I know how exhausting it is and I commend them for it.

Cindy and D J.

Carla, Tracie Lyn and katie. A good time was had by all.

On the more-good-news-front, I'm sending a shout out to my friends in Bellevue whose daughter has become engaged to her sweetheart and friend. I've known this young woman since she was a baby and it is lovely to trace her journey into adulthood. Her parents have guided her well and her future is promising. I love it when life is like a fairy tale.

Wishing everyone a beautiful month. Spring for the Aussies, Fall for us northerners. Make the moments good ones.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...thanks for sharing the photos! It's so nice to see people having fun and enjoying their time together! :)

Hey, are you going to be at ArtFiberfest? Have I already asked you that?!

Dawn
dblogala.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Judy, you're a dear one. Looks like you and the Lemon Drop Sisters & Brother had some fun times celebrating the lovely Katie's birthday.
Thanks for welcoming me to this shrine of quiet green beauty that is Oregon. hugs and smooches...

Anonymous said...

oh what JOY! love the photos of you all so happy. katie with her teary eyes just bursts all the clouds, right down to her paint and gel covered fingers. fabulous! what a doll to give you all gifts on birthday. many more sweet years to you all!!

Christine DeCamp said...

Judy--it looks like a grand time was had by all! I have started a journal "book" & ordered a digital camera--who knows what will happen next?
Christine

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous group to get together with, you're all like the movie stars of the art blogging world. Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Ro
xo

Maija said...

You deserve all the happiness and joy that comes your way! You have such a lovely way with people - you make them feel so goo when thay are with you!

Anonymous said...

i love what ro said...movie stars of the blogging and i'll add teaching world! can i have your autograph!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Poo... NEVER enough time to do everything..... say all that needs to be said... Hug and HUG again. Miss Katie looked RADIANT.. did she not. She was the birthday girl extraordinaire...

I miss you my sweet Judy... BUT... I think I will be seeing your beautiful face in less than a week at AFF???? I HOPE!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox ALWAYS... and Forever!

katie said...

my dear friend,
thank you, thank you....my heart swells with gratitude for your friendship, and i'm tickled that you took photos of my birthday celebration and posted them here. it warms my heart to see my lovies that were able to help me celebrate. i love you...

and you and missy moss, whoooeeeee - you gals have trouble written allllll over you!! :-)

xoxoxoxox
katie

Deb said...

Thanks for posting all these WONDERFUL photos! I LOVE that Kimono - it's like wrapping yourself up in the love of a friend - leave it to Katie!

Glad A&S was so wonderful.

Hugs-

Deb

Ruth Rae said...

oh my it looks like so much fun!
I so wish I were there! thanks for sharing all the joy!