Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Time to Remember

I will never, ever forget this weekend. For so many reasons. I met with a full room of eager journalers two days in a row. We had a marvelous time making pages and laughing and exchanging information. The women filled me. I hope I filled them in return.

And now Katie and I are hunkered down at my house waiting for I-5 to reopen so she can go home. She lost touch with Walter for 2 days due to the flooding. I was fearful. But Walt is safe although he was surrounded in their house by water for awhile. We made the best of it by staying busy. Katie and Lisa in the photo above during class.

Lisa again.

Karen Ehlers. I want to say so much but I am whipping this out before Katie and I hit the Goodwill. Shopping and distraction therapy. I'm so happy to have met Karen. We will stay connected, I hope, as with so many who sat at the table. All women I want to keep in my circle.


Here's another wonderful woman. Jeanne Levy. Check out the links.


Kathy Lopez came all the way from southern California although her luggage didn't come with her. She flew into Portland when a snowstorm was expected. Thank you, Kathy. I am and was so honored that you made such an effort to attend.

Diane our hostess at Innerstandings authored this journal page prior to the class but I had to include it. I love her colors and everything about this page.

Dierdra Doan created the next two layouts. Visit her blog. She is a most interesting and well traveled woman. She is also an accomplished singer and married to a musician. What amazing women were in attendance.


Joan's spread. She also created the pages at the end of this post. She is a many time visitor to Japan, loves that culture and it is reflected in the collage she made.

Bobby and her page. I have to hurry.

Carol Cotton and one of the pages she created. She'll be showing this weekend at the Portland Artist's Cooperative show at the Multnomah Art Center.

Dayna Collins and one of her clever layouts. A busy, talented, generous woman and a teacher herself.

Debbie Motz who came from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. She asked me to stay at her house! Soooooo nice and so much fun.

Diane fixed my favorite meal and everyone raved about it. She told me to stop saying she cooks gourmet meals so I won't say that. I sure can't think of another word for it though. Maybe I'll just say really, really yummy.

Jackie Crist, another teacher from the Portland area. What a card. I want her at all my parties.


Joan's geisha. I didn't get clear photos of several women and for that I apologize. Katie is sharing hers with me later so there will be more. But for now, stay safe and warm. Love to all.

edit: I have over 50 emails to answer. And will asap.

12 comments:

katie said...

this class was fabulous, FABULOUS!! I am always honored to sit at the feet of this incredible woman, spirit, aritst. If you ever get an opportunity to take a class with Judy, do it - you'll be so happy you did! I'll be posting about my experience on my blog shortly.

xo katie, who is writing this on your laptap in the next room (heehee)

Lynn Cohen said...

What a wonderful group you gathered together. I would love to be a part of this one day. I am impressed by the women who journeyed so far. Love all the work they created too. Will keep an eye out for future classes.
Sorry the weather there has been so scary! Hope all are safe now.

Hope Martin said...

this sounds so amazing!!! Next time, count me in....

kelly rae said...

50 emails! omg! this looks fabulous, judy. good times. good times.

Mary Ann said...

I devoured every inch of this long awaited post! love the way you photographed all the journaling women. they all look very very happy to be there making art together. WITH YOU. so fabulous!

Sweet Petunia said...

Class was amazing. I would love to get the photo you took of me and Katie after you send your 50+ other emails out.

Deirdra Doan said...

Judy, thank you, thank you for posting all the great photo's of all our work. I loved seeing everyones pages. And Diane, wow her pages are so.o.o. beautiful!
Another thank you for such sweet things you said about me. I worked a little more on the Darling page. I have been spending time gathering art supplies to make gifts to young women family members for Christmas, want to share journal Love when I visit them in CA. Looking forward to more art fun with you.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Darn IT JUDY... OK.. YOU and KATIE.. pack up.. MOVE out the midwest so we can BASK a little the journal glow and art excellent moments..too... You guys are TOO FAR AWAY! BOO HOO.

xoxoxo!!!!

BE SAFE going Home Katie!

if not there in person.. we are always there in spirit.

Anonymous said...

These photos are just stunning - what inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your work and that of so many talented artists. I had just uploaded photos of my own first little art journal before I looked at these, and I see that I have a long way to go before being as good as these lovely people!

Judy said...

looks like a great time was had by all.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a great group Judy, they remind me so much of my classes, so much enthusiasm and creativity.
Would love to have been there
Ro
xo

mcdc3s said...

Yeah! I see Carol Cotten! Looks like a great time - I am jealous. Great work all, so inspiring.