Pages

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sin Titulo

No title yet. This one's 9x12" on a material called magnesia core. There is a website at magnesiacore.com - an IEA member (Jim Talt) gave it to me to try out and I do like it. It gives off lots of bubbles (more than wood) but that didn't bother me. I'm going to check it out further. Anyway, I took the photograph of some metal doors in Japan nearly 30 years ago. I've culled through my photos some more for stuff to use and loved the colors in this one. I tried some new (for me) wax techniques; cut & torn stencils, scraping and accretion. I'm all about the texture these days and minimal design. I want the color and tranquil composition to dominate.

13 comments:

Carla Sonheim said...

So beautiful, Judy!

lynne h said...

wow, i love it judy. colors, texture, everything... i just want to stare at it--maybe live inside it. : )

lynne

tascha said...

I love it! So dreamy!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the rough texture.
Deryn
http://somethingsublime.typepad.com

Leah said...

it's a gorgeous piece, judy. love it!

franswazz said...

Judy, I love the variety in your art.
Maybe I will have a chance to take a class from you.
I want to say a big THANK YOU for responding so quickly to my query.
Here is a link to an online store where I was able to order a bunch of those thingies!!!(Magic Stamp by Clearsnap at Polymer Clay Express) or better yet Penscore Foam Blocks at http://www.wilde-ideas.com
Happy Artmaking!

Kelly Snelling said...

Fabulous TEXTURE!!!! and i love the contrast on this piece, too.

~jolene said...

Sometimes there are pieces of art you wish you could eat with a spoon.."Sin Titulo" (which I think is a title in itself!) is one of those pieces. YUM!

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow Judy this is another beautiful piece, you're such a talented lady, this colour combination is divine
Ro
xo

Karen Cole said...

Delicious texture, Judy. I'm so glad you use a large file photo so I can get a closer look.

I used to try and get rid of all of those bubbles. That's how I was initially taught, to heat them flat. I know better now.

Great work you are doing.

Dale said...

I feel the same way as you about texture. I find i simply can't get enough of it! I love a good 'begging-to-be-touched' surface on art. Gorgeous work on this one!

Seth said...

This is spectacular! A piece where texture, color, and image all combine in a perfect way.

Roben-Marie said...

Hi, Judy! Love this piece! Thanks for the product name. I like the bubbles and plan to check it out! Cheers!