Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Plaster Studio Workshop


Two weeks ago Stephanie Lee came to spend the weekend with me, to get away from work, relax and take a breather. How do you suppose we spent our R & R time then? I'll tell you. We started talking about plaster and how much we love it. Next thing we knew we found ourselves asking ourselves why we didn't teach an online plaster class to coincide with the May release of our book. We got ourselves all excited. You know how it is when you love something and you want to share. Gosh we've had a lot of fun cooking this up together. And now we're ready to share it. And dang, are we excited!!  

Stephanie and I will both be demonstrating all our tricks in videos and PDF's and giving you studio tours and much more. But rather than me trying to describe it to you here, follow this link to all the information we've put together and then mark your calendars. This is going to be good. We really hope you'll join us. xo  

10 comments:

Laura Twiford said...

Good Morning Judy, I just tried to order your book but when you click on the book icon it only takes you to paypal, no invoice with seller, item or amount. How can I go about ordering this from you? Thanks, Laura

Judy Wise said...

The button is fixed now Laura. It was working when I went to bed and not working in the morning. Say wha???

rebecca said...

you are on my june dance card!!!
so glad you are taking us along...on your plaster persuasion...

xoxoxoxox,
rebecca

somepinkflowers said...

i
so wanna do this
workshop with U

but
will be traveling
until june 15th...

:-0

you think i could catch up ?


what say you, missy?

Jennifer White said...

I never, ever, ever tire of gazing at pictures of your garden... ever. Pure amazement! xoxox

stephanie brockway said...

Lovely, Quince Leeks and a the sun loving apple tree, I felt the warmth of spring reading your post.
Steph

Anonymous said...

Squueeee!!!! I received your book yesterday and it is by far one of my favorite books of all time. Thank you BOTH for such a lovely, inspiring and beautiful book! and your prints were an extra special touch :). Can you guess what I will be doing this weekend? Hugs to you both, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi judy -
I bought your book and I'm excited to get started! I do have a question though - I have read that acrylic paint isn't compatible with wax. I see that you use that combination in the book. Will this create a problem with the pieces as time goes by?
Thanks :)
Judy

Judy Wise said...

Anonymous, you are correct in saying that wax over acrylic is generally not archival. However, with a thin layer of hobby acrylic over a small piece with a thin layer of wax over it, you are going to be safe for decades if not forever. What causes the layers to delaminate is the weight of several layers of wax over an impermeable layer of acrylic paint over a large surface. The weight of that much wax then becomes a risk for delamination.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying that, Judy. I'll get to work :)