Pages

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Momentum


This is my most recent cold wax painting that I finished moments ago. I like the depth of field I see in it; that some parts are in focus and some not. I like the colors too. It isn't really getting any easier so a success here and there is a good thing.


This is the mess I still haven't cleaned up in the studio. I worked mostly with powdered pigment in this one.


And halleluia, we finally got up to 70 degrees here. It won't last but we are thrilled for the sunshine; lawnmowers buzzing in the distance.


I ran around the yard and took random pictures for you.



I have been a lousy reporter.



And I have lots of weeds in my garden as well as a few old favorites.


John's pruning grapes today.


The studio door is open.


We have 2 cherry trees now and cherries on the menu for July desserts.


This photo is for William, the Bleeding Hearts you gave me for my Birthday last year are alive and well; that's saying a lot for this lazy gardener. Yes, I see that dandelion in the background - I'm going out now to disappear it. And clean up the studio. xo

18 comments:

Pamela Holderman said...

love that painting!!! can't wait for the plaster class...

jill nalette said...

the art piece came out beautifully and oh my the flowers are looking fantastic!!
be well and i hope the warmth returns to you and me!
love, hugs + smiles~ jill

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful garden photos! Thanks for sharing them!!

Numinosity said...

I love the painting too and thanks for the "friending" on fb.
I'm on a ferry heading north to revisit the arrival of spring so your photos helped withthe grey and the rain in Southeast Alaska.
xoxo Kim(berly Rogers ) incase you didn't know

Deb's Artful Journey said...

I really like this series you have been posting. Its good to hear that someone I admire (you) struggles with successes too. Thanks for letting us know. Yep, this warm weather is a lovely change of pace from the rain.

My best to you!

lyle baxter said...

That is my favorite wax-work to date! wonderful! love the color and the circles! the flowers are grand too despite the dandelion! "steph" tells us the dandelions are the first flower for the honey bees in the spring and that we shouldn't be in such a hurry to root them out! any excuse will do!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Love this painting, I'll say it's a success wonderfully rich. As is your growing garden, so beautiful.

MB Shaw said...

Beautiful painting (and flowers:). The cold wax is very difficult as I've been playing a bit too. So I really admire the depth you have achieved. And I see those Sinopia pigments in the background of your photo, swoon. I so wish we lived closer :( so we could play together.

Kim Mailhot said...

What a yummy spring you have there, Lovely Judy ! Oh, how peony buds make me drool with anticipation !
Whay clean up ? Just make some more mess ! ;)
Happy Monday !

Gigi said...

Love this painting--the three "rings" lend a sense of mystery. So nice to see what's going on in your garden. Here in Wisconsin it still remains very cold.

Caterina Giglio said...

gorgeosity abounds and you really got great depth in that wax piece...awesome..

mansuetude said...

the way the painting floats and opens, i like that.

enjoy the spring, and the dandelion. :)

Judy Wise said...

floats and opens. how beautiful. and mansuetude; your blog. exquisite. i'm following. xo

Judy Wise said...

thank you all for your comments. this one was special.

And so it goes... said...

your artwork has now reached olympic levels! the "rings" dance off the page....without 3-D glasses! brava!

Seth said...

Gorgeous painting Judy. I love its organic and earthy nature!

Renee Troy said...

I've become such a fan of your work since I started following you. Brilliant painting.
Looking forward to the online class and taking a future class with you at a retreat. Love your dolls...close to my heart.
Happy Mother's Day!

Leovi said...

I love your wonderful abstract language, its textures and colors.