Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Long Time No See


Winter. Time to go inside; become quiet, let the weather swirl without as we rest and find renewal. I love the inner seeking, the slow and moody days, having more time to retreat and be still.

Made my new journal. Covers out of muslin covered matboard and acrylic paint, spine out of heavy canvas. 
The matboard is lighter than Davy board. 
Since I travel so much this helps on the heavy luggage.


Every day I begin with journal meditation and coffee.
Slow writing. Slow communion with my guides.


Meanwhile John plans the garden for the coming year.


While I spin my own dreams for 2016. 


What a gift this life is. To forge a singular path. To have choices.


I hope if there's reincarnation I can be an artist next time as well.
Because I love my tools so much.
My private musings, playful scribbles, big dreams.


We create our own worlds.
I can't get over that.
We really are that powerful, that imaginative.


Close up of a recent painting in cement, wax, plaster, paint.
Happy Holidays to YOU.
Thank you for sharing this love of existence.
Even when it's bad it's good.
xo

18 comments:

Bev said...

Wonderful post Judy love your new journal cover and thanks for sharing your pages , enjoy the festive season and I wish you all good things and good health for 2016..

Ruth Armitage said...

Inspiring as always... You are a leader on the quest, and a co-conspiritor - xo

tgarrett said...

I just love looking at your journal pages- love your other work as well. That new journal looks wonderful- I need to make one to use in the Katie online class next month. Happy Holidays to you. xoxo Terry

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous, love the words about traveler. Merry making to you and family. xox

huntla1 said...

Good to see you out in the world again. I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Wishing you, John and the rest of you family a merry and a blessed new year!

Unknown said...

Always love getting to see snippets of your journal. Wishing you and your family very Merry and much happiness in the new year!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your journal pages!! Happy Holidays!

lyle baxter said...

good to see you! hope the new year is all you hope for! I hope for peace!

Radish King said...

Beautiful! I love the peek inside and your astounding art.

Jenny Petricek said...

Love these canvases and journal pages! The drawings you've included in your pages are adorable...I feel your personality shines through so much in them! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Gigi said...

Your paintings (abstract!) are so intriguing--especially with the titles.
Here's a question about your journal--how do you "greek out" the words???

Miss you...until we meet again--Barcelona!

Gigi said...

Your abstract(!) paintings are always intriguing--especially with the titles.'
Would you mind sharing with me how you "greek out" sentences/words in you journal
pages posted???

Miss you! Until we meet again--in Barcelona!

Gigi said...

Your abstract(!)paintings are so intriguing to me--especially with the titles.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would share how you "greek out" some of the words and sentences on your journal pages.

Miss you! Looking forward to seeing you again in Barcelona!

Gigi said...

Your abstract(!) paintings are so intriguing to me--especially with the titles.
Also, would you please share how you do the "greeked out" words/sentences when you post your journal pages.

Miss you! Looking forward to Barcelona!

Judy Wise said...

Gigi, I use the clone tool to obscure the words I don't want to make public. It turns your words into gobbledygook.

Gigi said...

Thanks!

Gigi said...

Thanks. I'll have to try that!

Kath Smith said...

Just loved everything about your musings and art!

Kath